Wednesday, August 29, 2007

He who's name escapes me

As I was looking through the syllabus I looked at week 3 and saw that we are being introduced to stop-motion animation. That reminded me of a film class at Missouri state I took which we learned a little bit on the subject of animation and although his name of the man escapes me, but he was one of the first people to use stop-motion animation in the way we're familiar with today. His subjects were rather interesting. He would used dead bugs as his subjects and often had elaborate stories involving them; such as the story of Mr. & Mrs. Cockroach. The story starts with Mr. Cockroach leaving the house to have an affair with Ms. Butterfly. after their night of passion Mr. cockroach headed home only to find Mrs. Cockroach having an affair Mr. centipede if i remember right. So Mrs. Cockroach begs for forgiveness and finally after some fighting Mr. Cockroach accepts and decide to take Mrs. Cockroach to the movies. Unfortunately the film features a steaming love scene staring Mr. Cockroach and Ms. Butterfly.

No comments: