Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The first blog

Let me first say that I don’t intend to write my blogs so late in the week and in one large chunk it tires me out and drives me nuts. At least this cloud has a silver lining though; as I got to see some of my classmates blogs and saw some pretty interesting info I was not aware about. As I read in Jason’s blog about Stan Brackhage other films that involved him gluing things to the film. I was only aware of his films of painting and scathing so I might have to look up his film with the bugs and leaves.
I do think that Brackhage’s work is definitely visually stimulating but I will disagree with his theory on sound I for one believe that for a film to be engaging. It should try to bring stimulation to the sense of hearing as much as sight.

No comments: